With Thor safely in theaters and making the buckets of money expected of it, Marvel Studios can now focus on their other giant release of the summer, Captain America: The First Avenger. We didn’t actually hear anything about the film in the entire month of May, as Paramount essentially pumped the brakes on the marketing campaign in order to let Thor flourish, and I guess marshall their resources for getting their next film, Super 8, out in theaters next week. But now there’s a sign of life in what’s sure to be a quickly escalating marketing campaign before the film’s July 22 release– three new character posters have popped up at the Brazilian site CineMarcado; it’s unclear if these are foreign posters or will also pop up in the United States, but since they’re pretty much just photos it doesn’t really make a difference.
Check out the three below, featuring Cap (Chris Evans), the villainous Red Skull (Hugo Weaving) and love interest Peggy Carter (Hayley Atwell) looking sassy/scarily at the camera. After enjoying the hell out of the 60s setting in X-Men: First Class, I’m looking forward even more to seeing the Captain America adventure unfold in the 40s– because the only movie villain more foolproof than the Soviets, of course, is the Nazis.
- Three Character Posters for CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER (collider.com)
- Three New ‘Captain America’ Posters (moviefone.com)
- Three New International Posters For CAPTAIN AMERICA: FIRST AVENGER (thepeoplesmovies.com)
- New Captain America Red Skull Photo (screencrave.com)
- ‘Captain America: The First Avenger’ Releases 3 New Character Posters (pinkisthenewblog.com)